The full details of Stranger Tales of the City, the latest book in the City of the Saved series, have now been released by Obverse Books. It includes my latest short story, Riding Shotgun on a Stage from Grief.
The knights hospitaller have just woken to a second life in a City the size of a galaxy.
Two strangers from a far-distant future are flung together on Resurrection Day.
A window-seller visits a claustrophobic suburb and finds it full of mystery.
A Remake gunslinger seeks a new role from the one he was always meant to play…
In this, the sixth anthology in the City of the Saved series, we meet a host of human and not-so-human characters getting to grips with life in the afterlife: alien adoptees with no previous experience of human cultures; Citizens permanently missing and not merely misplaced; priestesses of long-forgotten religions; posthumans with their own baffling version of the Civil Tongue; a viral strain of humankind that has never known community…
The City is full of strangers and these are their tales.
The collection has been edited by Elizabeth Evershed and includes the following stories:
- Farewell to a World – Alexandra Marchon
- Mourning the Story – Robert Shepherd
- Riding Shotgun on a Stage from Grief – Paul Hiscock
- Bubble People – Richard Wright
- Philology: The Real Professional Bag of Tricks – James Bojaciuk
- Buried on Sunday – Jay Eales
- The Wandering Child – Kara Dennison
- Linking Material – Elizabeth Evershed
- Postscript – James Bojaciuk and Elizabeth Evershed
You can order it now from https://obversebooks.co.uk/product/stranger-tales-of-the-city/